Italian Beef Sandwiches
- 3lb chuck roast
- 1 packet Good Seasons Zesty Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- 8oz sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 8oz Chicago-Style Giardiniera
- 1 can beef broth
- Slices of provolone cheese
- Hoagie buns
- Trim large pieces of fat from the chuck roast. Cut meat into seven or eight big hunks and then place in the bottom of a 6 quart crock pot.
- Sprinkle packet of italian salad dressing mix on top of the meat.
- Add sliced pepperoncini peppers and a splash of the juice.
- Add Chicago-Style Giardiniera mix. Do not add juice.
- Add the can of beef broth and then place lid on the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 9 hours, or until the meat can be easily shredded with a fork.
- Remove meat from the crock pot and shred. Place back in the crock pot to cook in the juices for 1 hour more.
- Scoop onto hoagie buns (drip as much juice as possible), add provolone slices and broil on high for a minute or so.